Technologies for Teaching and Learning Lab
The Technologies for Teaching and Learning (TTL) Lab staff provide technical support for Teacher Education students, faculty and staff. As part of this support, we maintain the Technology Support web pages, http://education.lcsc.edu/ttl/tech. The TTL staff operate a Macintosh computer lab in Sam Glenn Complex room 127.
In the TTL Lab, Teacher Education students can:
- Get help with technical problems
- Borrow equipment (notebook computers, cameras, scanners, etc.)
- Work on Macintosh desktop computers, or work at a laptop station
- Work at the video editing station
- Make copies, prints, and transparencies and laminate materials (fees apply)
Lab hours for Fall and Spring Semesters are:
Monday through Thursday: 9 - 12 & 1 - 5 (PT)
Friday: 10 - 12 & 1 - 4 (PT)
Staff may be available during closed hours. Please call for an appointment: 208-792-2081.
Lab hours for Summer are:
The TTL Lab does not have regularly scheduled lab hours during the summer. Please call for an appointment: 208-792-2081.
Technologies for Teaching and Learning Lab Staff
History and Mission
The Technologies for Teaching and Learning Program was started in 1994 for the purpose of leading the LCSC Division of Education and Kinesiology's efforts to help preservice and inservice teachers learn to successfully integrate computer technologies into their student's learning experiences.
The Technologies for Teaching and Learning Program consistently follows these guidelines in developing and conducting its preservice projects:
- A primary benefit of computer technology is that it can help classrooms become more student centered and more creative learning environments.
- Computer technology can provide tools for teachers to be more organized and effective in their teaching.
- Learning happens more readily when learned in the context of doing a project that is meaningful to the learner (as opposed to learning skills in isolation).
- Effective teaching of technology should take place over a relatively long period of time (a few hours a week for several months, or many hours a day for a week or longer).